Monday, August 22, 2011

Bambi is all grown up!

Hubby took me (and the puppy of course) to run this trail at San Felasco State Park on Saturday. I started out strong but did not last long.  I was on and off running and trying not trip over all the roots and stumps in the way. The hills were tough too, I walked up and ran down though ;) It felt like it was never going to end since I had never done the trail before I didn't know where I was going and how far I had left.  Anyhoo, my time for that was 3.87 miles in 1 hour and 1 minute, yikes! 


Today we did the same thing.  I thought I was crazy for doing it again after knowing what was coming.  About a mile in I remember thinking "why am I doing this again?!" But that thought slid away as I kept pushing myself.  Hubby was having some issues with his foot falling asleep so we took a short stretch break.  Around mile 2.5 Bambi and her friend jumped out in front of us across the trail!  All grown up...I mean huge!  My crazy pup wanted to chase them but luckily she was on leash.  (P.s. she's a big scaredy cat, I scared her about 3 times on the run just by kicking a stick behind her.)  So I happened to glance down at my nike+ app and saw if I pushed a little harder I would beat my best time for the 5k so I did....and I did, by about 2 minutes.  We ended strong with 3.83 miles in 54:41.  


I'm feeling a lot better about possibly running a 5k in October.  Actually seeing it as an attainable goal.  Wish me luck!  

No comments:

Post a Comment