Thursday, April 21, 2011

Mixed emotions

Wednesday the girls and I went to the gym in one of their complexes to get our exercise since the weather was not great.  I hop on the treadmill all excited that I'm going to run faster than I ever have.  I have this theory that the you'll always run faster on the treadmill because it sort of propels you.  I start my warm up, fine. I begin my jog, fine.  I start running, fine. I hit my 10 min mark and I start to push because I know I'm almost at 1 mile. I keep going past the mile, great! My nike app tells me that I'm at 1.25 miles, I kept going.  I stopped at 1.5 miles to find out that it took me 17:08 to do that and my mile was at 11:34! What?! My best mile, according the nike app, is 10:38.  I'm confused. 


The only thing that I could come up with was that I set my speed too slow because of being scared I would over do it. 


But, on the bright side, the last time I ran on a treadmill (just a few months ago, mind you) I could barely run for a solid minute. So to run continuously for 17:08 is very exciting! I can't wait to do it again! (But I can. I do enjoy my rest days)

Wednesday also marked the days that I officially lost 10 lbs.  Now just to keep it off and continue to loose another 7! 

No comments:

Post a Comment