Thursday, March 17, 2011

Planning ahead

This week I have done the following (thanks to my lovely nike app):  Monday - 2.12 miles 30:57 Tuesday - nada  Wednesday -  2.16 miles 30:10 Today - Bike ride with Caitlan as soon as she gets here :)

By the time I was done with my run on Wednesday I had already planned out Fridays run - I take that as a good sign.

I've been following a few other runners on their blog and its hard not to get discouraged.  I know, I know I'm not supposed to compare, but who doesn't!?  I think I need to find some beginner runners to follow, the ones I do now can go out and run 5-10 miles easy. 

Anyways - some of my struggles right now are: still finding my footing - I've gotten a little better about not slamming down really hard on my left foot when I land but it's still not quite right.  I'm also still finding my pace. I think started out the wrong way, sure I began by just walking a little bit a few times a week which is fine.  But when I started incorporating running I started off with a "go big or go home" attitude.  I also have the girls I am running with - which is great - and at first I was using them to push me and I think I pushed too hard which ended up hurting me.  So, that leaves me with a few months of time in and I'm just now working on my footing and my pace. But hey, I'm still doing it and excited about it! I've also lost roughly 7lbs! I have goal of another 4-5 lbs by race day. Then another 5 by the end of April.   We'll see if I cave to my craving for a juicy burger tonight. :)

Oh yea, HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY! Nothing special planned here...Hubby has to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment